1. A day and a half without AC is BRUTAL. Not for myself, but for a toddler. I did my best to keep her entertained as we sweated through it, eventually moving the party into the cool waters of the bathtub. I don't know how my parents did it growing up in the Philippines. Props to them!
2. Social Media can be so misleading. Shiny, happy pictures of life and accounts of only the best things. I think its important to remember that no life is perfect and we have to love and recognize the good and bad of everything. Life is hard. You get up, do your routine and go back to sleep. Day in and day out. Its finding the little gems in our day that keep you going.
3. Forever 21 has some really good workout clothing! I'd ordered their capri pants online but it wasn't until I attended a friend's baby shower last weekend and was near a F21 that carried the athletic line, that I was able to feel the rest of the line. The tops are well constructed, the pants aren't thin and the jackets and sweaters are durable.... not to mention more than half the price of other athletic lines!
4. After two years of not working, I decided to get back out there and get a job. For now, I'll be working part time but I feel that's what I can handle right now. Before I had my little one, I thought i'd be able to bounce back quickly and get back into work with no problems. I even told my cousins that I didn't think I could be away from work... But I had a couple of issues post-partum and then getting the hang of motherhood was a little bit of a challenge. Now, I'm finally ready to put myself out there! And I get to do something I love doing... shopping!
5. We've had a lot going on lately: Lily's First Birthday, our second wedding anniversary, wedding festivities for a girlfriend of mine and my hubby and his friend have a new business venture. Needless to say blogging has been on the bottom of the list. But we did get to take an impromptu trip to Sausalito last weekend! We loaded up our little one and hung out at the Cavallo Point Hotel. It was a tad windy but gloriously warm. We watched the marine layer descend on San Francisco and Lily was so excited to see people fly their kites. It was a much needed getaway!